Monday 16 May 2011

One + One = ?


Since having Leah I've really found myself looking at my nieces, nephews and other people's children (yes, I'm a bit of a people watcher) and simply being amazed at how genes come together. The jury is still out on who our little lady looks like and I just love spotting the little bits of Gav and me (and other members of our family) that I see. She has Gav's lips and his dimple (although it's on the opposite side),  but my complexion and frown. Leah has Gav's hairline but she's growing her locks as slowly as I did. She has her grandfathers to thank for her big blue eyes and cracks us up with a little squashed up smile like my sister did as a baby. Those chubby baby cheeks... well it appears that those were inevitable. And as for personality, we're seeing her dad's sense of humour and charm and my aversion to sitting in one place for more than five minutes. Oh, and my rather poor patience level and short fuse. Eek!

Leah

Gav (left) and Me (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment