Saturday 14 November 2009

Muscat - a brief introduction


I've had friends and family waiting for pictures of Muscat for months, and I'm pleased to say that I'm finally getting on top of things. I have an archive of so many to choose from and have so many more I want to take I never know where to start, but I think the logical place is with the trip Gav and I took out here last November (my goodness, that's exactly a year ago!) to decide if it was somewhere we could see ourselves living. Admittedly, we lapped up the luxurious side of things a bit with a stay at The Chedi, but the idea of living in a city with a great outdoors (and year-round blue skies, it seems) that isn't hidden by glass towers was what had us convinced.



I love the symmetry of Omani design. You'll see it in everything, right down to the rows of date palms.


Al Fahal Island in the distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment