Thursday 9 June 2011

Delight of the week... Sleeping bags


I can remember when I was in junior school writing a test on idioms. The one I strangely remember getting wrong was "sleeping like... a log". I wrote "sleeping like... a baby". It has taken twenty odd years or so for me to finally comprehend the error. Sleeping like a log obviously implies lying in the place you fell. Sleeping like a baby (or in our case Leah), however, does not.

Our little lady's nocturnal habits involve wriggling her way around the cot in her sleep and occasionally crying out in frustration - while still asleep, might I add - when she finds herself stuck in a corner.

We thought that a baby sleeping bag might help. While it certainly doesn't keep her still - she somehow manages to crawl and stand up in hers, aspiring to be a star in the sack race one day - she is at least warm while on her nightly missions. She loves hers, and will actually now tell us when she's ready to go to sleep by snuggling up to it.



The perfect baby gift, my favourites are by Aden and Anais (Leah is pictured in this one) and The Gro Company.



No comments:

Post a Comment